The Chapel Executive Internship program awards $5,000 to students securing internships in the private sector. Below are two jobs that would qualify for the Chapel program. To apply for these positions and for more job listings sign in to your Network Symplicity Account. For more information on the Chapel Executive Internship program visit the Career Enrichment Network website.
Liberal Arts students securing ANY internship in the private sector are eligible to apply for The Chapel Executive Internship Program.
Be at the center of a busy, challenging corporate environment for a Fortune 500 company. The Corporate Communications Intern will develop and assist in a wide variety of interesting communication projects, all geared to external audiences, e.g., ADP’s clients, prospective clients, the media, and industry analysts. Create Web and social media content, write articles, work on presentations for conferences, and support a team of media relations professionals. This exciting role will provide valuable experience for a career in Corporate Communications, Public Relations, and/or Marketing. Your mentor will be a Senior Director of Executive and Corporate Communications with many years of experience providing communications for global companies.
As a Corporate Communications Intern, you will:
- Work on Corporate Marketing and Public Relations documents to support ADP’s Executive Communications department. Deliverables to include writing, graphics (e.g., PowerPoint), web content, social media posts, etc.
- Produce and/or contribute insightful content to industry and executive-sponsored blogs.
- Research, draft, edit and produce talking points for executives and subject matter experts.
- Support and update the media center on adp.com with relevant and up-to-date content.
- Interface with Corporate Communications team to maintain Media Relations calendar and keep assets current on SharePoint.
- Support ADP Speakers Bureau with outreach to conference organizers.
- Support special projects and other corporate communication activities as required.
Experience, Skills, Academic:
To be considered for the internship, you must have a:
- Minimum of two years completed within a four-year degree program
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Major in Journalism, Communication, Strategic Communications, English or interest in Communication
- High integrity, high intellect, and professional presence
- Demonstrable experience as a published writer is a plus.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal skills.
- Strong familiarity with social media, including blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and other venues. WordPress VIP experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and Apple graphics software.
- A high degree of personal initiative, outstanding interpersonal, team, project management and process facilitation skills.
Writing with clarity and to specific markets
Web-based and market research
Interviewing with a purpose
Using the latest publishing-industry software
Accuracy and meeting deadlines
Plus, our interns will gain a strong and useful understanding of basic business structures and practice and see how business goals are achieved by a highly successful private company while participating actively in the process. This is a real future-building experience, not the lower-level tasks that interns are often required to do.
Key Responsibilities: Here is some of the exciting, valuable work our editorial interns will be trained to do:
Headline/Story Angling: This essential Editorial function involves talking directly with a wide variety of business professionals to learn what sorts of headlines spur them to want to read the stories we produce, and how they would like to have that information presented to them. Skills: interviewing and market understanding.
Writing News Shorts: These crisp, focused features appear in all PBP newsletters. The task requires researching the Web and other sources for newsy items that can be rewritten and tailored to fit our publications. Skills: research, writing, editing and market focus.
Writing Scenario Responses: Many PBP publications have a “Scenario” feature where a business problem is posed by one of our writers, and real-life practitioners are contacted and asked to offer a solution to the challenge. Skills: writing, interviewing and editing.
Writing Lighter Sides: These are another highly regarded editorial features in many PBP publications. It involves finding a newsy or interesting item, suited to a specific publication in a specific market and transforming it into a short, humorous tale. Skills: research, writing, creative writing and editing.
Online Content: PBP Media, as well as other business units, require a steady stream of vibrant, accurate editorial content. Interns will be trained to produce the types of stories and copy these endeavors require to continue to be successful.
Product Meeting Interviews: Twice a year, every PBP publication is assessed to determine how well it fits the needs of the subscribers who buy it. Interns would be involved in this essential function by doing 15 to 20-minute interviews with subscribers.
Cross Training in Marketing, Production and Fulfillment: There’s a lot more that goes into a professional newsletter than what meets the eye. Interns get a behind-the-scenes look at the other crucial elements needed to produce a successful newsletter in today competitive marketplace.
Who should apply: Motivated students entering their senior year or those who will soon be completing their 4-year degree. We seek candidates who are interested in a career in writing and desire a unique opportunity for a full-time, top quality paid summer internship. Our select interns get involved in many key aspects of our business – they are empowered and doing, not just observing. You’ll work side-by-side with side-by-side with Editorial professionals whose work impacts multiple PBP business divisions. You’ll identify cutting edge information needs for different executive audiences as you learn the skills to thrive in a high-performance, results-driven company.
Key Skills/Requirements for the position include:
-Solid command of the English language.
-Strong telephone skills.
About Progressive Business Publications: