Washington, DC; Full-time
Partnering with our clients, DCI provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
As a DCI Group team member, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business contributing towards the success of our company. Our total rewards package includes:
- Competitive market pay based compensation
- Comprehensive benefits plans to include, medical, dental & vision plans for full time employees
- Bustling downtown location, casual environment and lots more!
DCI Group is seeking a digital public affairs professional to join the War Room in our Washington, DC office. The War Room offers excellent opportunities for professional development and growth in a fast-paced, campaign-style environment. The successful candidate will be charged with managing tasks within DCI Group’s Digital team and will play an integral role on the Digital team. Candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge of and interest in the public policy process and have strong written and oral communication skills. Candidate should be organized and use discretion when prioritizing multiple tasks. Public affairs or communications internship experience with a focus on integrated marketing, or digital communications in an agency, campaign, advocacy organization or corporate setting is a plus.
- Accountable for client team satisfaction while managing daily tasks on several projects concurrently
- Exercises considerable independent professional judgment regarding methods and techniques to achieve desired results.
- Executes with internal teams integrated digital and social media campaigns while operating within a team environment
- Prepares regular reports of various natures for clients
- Updates websites and creates social media content with the Digital team
- Tracks and analyzes online conversations; identifies influencers
- Involved in the creation and distribution of email newsletters
- Communicates and directs vendors with regard to projects
- Executes assignments within deadline and adheres to quality standards
- Ability to set and adjust own work schedule as required to complete deliverables consistent with meeting client expectations
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
- Excellent project management skills; is organized and exhibits critical attention to detail
- Effective communicator who is responsive and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to hands-on digital campaign planning and execution
- Knowledge of digital trends and best practices
- Understands why online media monitoring is important and is able to identify relevant conversations and influencers
- Proficiency with social networking platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) to manage websites and blogs
- Experience analyzing and reporting web analytics and/or social media data
- Flexibility to work with many different personalities
- Creative, innovative thinker
- Deadline driven and proactive in completing tasks
- Naturally inquisitive, enjoys learning new things and accepts new challenges readily
Click here for more information and to apply.