We hope you had a great summer and that you’re looking forward to a great fall semester. While it’s hard to imagine kicking off an internship or full-time job search as you’re just getting settled into your classes for the semester, well…you need to get working on those searches as soon as possible.
With that in mind, here’s an easy checklist of 7 things to do as soon as possible:
- Create or log into your Network Symplicity account and update your profile, especially class standing, expected graduation, major(s) and GPA. If your profile is not current, then you may show up as ineligible to apply for some opportunities.
- Check out the Fall Career Days list of employers and start researching those you want to visit with during the event.
- Update your resume with any summer internship, volunteer, or global experiences and upload it to your Network Symplicity account for review.
- Update your internship information in Network Symplicity. Had an internship this summer and didn’t report it yet? You can still log in and add it to your profile at any time.
- Get a handle on the strengths you can offer potential employers by taking the StrengthsFinder® on-line assessment.
- View our calendar of events in Network Symplicity to make sure you don’t miss out on anything for the semester! Events already quickly approaching include: Liberal Arts Undergraduate Festival, Marketing Your Liberal Arts Degree, Fall Career Days, Education Abroad Fair, & more!
- Follow the Career Enrichment Network on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to keep up with the latest events, opportunities, and internship postings.
Questions? Request an appointment in Network Symplicity to meet with a Network staff member to get answers!