Posted by the Career Enrichment Network
Fall Career Days is quickly approaching (September 12-14, 2017)! Fall Career Days is a week of career fairs combined with some on-campus interviewing, information sessions, and workshops held by employers who are recruiting students on campus.
The majority of the employers at Fall Career Days represent corporate America. If you are interested in working for a large corporation, the fair may be a fit for you. Nonprofit and government agencies typically do not attend the Fall Career Days fairs, although there are some exceptions.
For the majority of Liberal Arts students, the relevant fair days are as follows:
- Non-Technical Full-Time Career Fair: Tuesday, September 12, from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Internship and Co-op Career Fair: Wednesday, September 13, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
It is never too early to start preparing for the fall career fair!
Start to research the employers attending and make a top 5 or 10 list of those with whom you would like to speak. Here are a few companies for Liberal Arts students to check out at the career fair.
Air Liquide, Amazon, Altria, Amica Mutual Insurance, AT&T, Bates White Economic Consulting, Capitol One, City of Pittsburgh Careers, DEA, EY, Federal Reserve Board, IBM Corporation, Kohl’s, Liberty Mutual, MAXIMUS, National Air and Space Intelligence (NASIC), National Security Agency (NSA), Northwestern Mutual, PA State Police, Target, Teach for America, TransPerfect, US Postal Service, US Census Bureau, Vanguard, and Yelp.
Make to sure to view the prep workshops scheduled the week before the fair! Prep workshops will include:
- Employer Lunch & Learn: Marketing Your Liberal Arts Degree presented by Deloitte Thursday, September 7th, 12:15pm-1:15pm, 124 Sparks Building RSVP in Network Symplicity.
- Resume Review Walk-In Hours for Liberal Arts Students: Monday, September 11, 9AM-4:30PM in 101 Sparks Building.
- Employer Events: Check Network Symplicity and Nittany Lion Career Network for networking events with employers.