Internship Posting: College of the Liberal Arts Strategic Communications Internship
The College of the Liberal Arts is looking for a strategic communications intern for the spring 2018 semester. The intern will serve as an ambassador for the college and will work with the Office of Strategic Communications to produce content for the college’s main social media accounts as well their own social media accounts. All students are encouraged to apply, regardless of major or academic year. This is a paid internship, and the student may work up to 10 hours each week.
Applicants should be able to think strategically about how social media fits into the college’s strategy of building the undergraduate student community while also engaging prospective students and alumni. The intern will assist in formulating social media plans and carrying them out with oversight from the strategic communications office. He or she will also be asked to write stories for Penn State News on a variety of topics, including student successes, featured courses, alumni activities, and more.
- Produce original and creative text/photo/video content for social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Help maintain the college’s profiles and pages on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Maintain their own social media accounts and share relevant content from the college that is true to their personal brand
- Attend weekly meetings to discuss content ideas
- Attend college-sponsored events to take photos and interview participants
- Track growth and impact of social media
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with social media (at least) on a personal level
- Interest in producing creative, colorful and innovative multimedia content for social networks. Some photo/video experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to exercise professional judgement in curating and posting content for social media
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume as a Word or PDF attachment to Kathy Swidwa at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by Sunday, December 17, 2017 will be given priority consideration.