Internship Posting: College of the Liberal Arts Strategic Communications Internship
The College of the Liberal Arts is looking for a strategic communications intern for summer 2018. The intern will serve as an ambassador for the college and will work with the Office of Strategic Communications to produce content for the college’s main social media accounts and write stories for Penn State News. All students are encouraged to apply, especially students with majors in the College of the Liberal Arts and/or the Bellisario College of Communications heading into their second or third year. This is a paid internship, and the student may work up to 10 hours each week.
Applicants should be able to think strategically about how social media fits into the college’s strategy of building the undergraduate student community while also engaging prospective students and alumni. The intern will assist in formulating social media plans and carrying them out with oversight from the strategic communications office. He or she will also be asked to write stories for Penn State News on a variety of topics, including student successes, featured courses, alumni spotlights, and more.
- Produce original and creative text/photo/video content for social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Help maintain the college’s profiles and pages on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Maintain their own social media accounts and share relevant content from the college that is true to their personal brand
- Attend weekly meetings (in person or online) to discuss content ideas
- Track growth and impact of social media
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with social media, especially Instagram
- Interest in producing creative, colorful and innovative multimedia content for social networks (Experience with Canva is preferred.)
- Some photo/video experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to exercise professional judgement in curating and posting content for social media
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume as PDF attachment to Kathy Swidwa at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by Monday, April 9, 2018 will be given priority consideration.