About this Job
Edge Strategy Group is a boutique strategy consulting / M&A firm focused on the wealth management industry. We develop and execute growth strategies for our clients, independent wealth management firms.
We are looking for a bright and highly motivated individual to work as a Business Development Intern in our Greenwich, CT office – the environment has a young start-up vibe (casual dress code when not client-facing). This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial, high growth business, and have significant responsibility and exposure to all levels of the organization.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Market segmentation & data enrichment for potential clients / acquisition targets. Primarily accomplished through internet based research and simple database filtering (we will provide training)
Secondary job responsibilities:
- Development of marketing materials for email / LinkedIn campaigns (we will provide training)
- Marketing Campaign execution & management – attract acquisition candidates, manage follow ups, and track campaign success rates within our systems (we will
- Ad Hoc consulting work – market research, preparing presentation decks [PowerPoint], financial analysis [Excel] (clients range from boutique wealth management firms all the way through major international brokerage firms)
We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Comfortable in a business development / start-up atmosphere
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of marketing tools such as Constant Contact are helpful but not required (we will provide training)
- Knowledge of the wealth management industry helpful but not required (we will provide industry insights)
- Knowledge of M&A / Valuation methodologies helpful but not required (not key to the role & we will provide education if interested)
- Looking for a minimum of 20 hours / week up to 40 hours / week. Opportunities for part-time work during the school year (in person or remotely) if applicable.
About Edge Strategy Group
Edge Strategy Group is a boutique Strategy Consulting & M&A firm focused on the wealth management industry. We help wealth management firms assess and grow their businesses by developing and executing growth strategies. Our client engagements generally have an M&A focus which entails:
- Developing an acquisition strategy
- Identifying and marketing to acquisition targets
- Valuation of the acquisition target
- Deal structuring and negotiation
This position provides a great learning opportunity for students who have completed their sophomore year and will be juniors during the 2018-19 academic year.
Application Deadline: 5/31/18
Liberal Arts students can apply to this internship in Network Symplicity through May 25. Students applying after May 25 should email their resume to the Liberal Arts Career Enrichment Network at email@example.com with “Edge Strategy Internship” in the subject line.