Job Title: Data/Research Analyst Senior Associate
Location: Washington, DC
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs (community development financial
institutions) with offices in Philadelphia and Washington D.C. In pursuit of a mission
to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its member
CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in
underserved communities nationwide.
Position Summary and Essential Functions
This position’s primary responsibilities are to assist Knowledge Sharing team
members in conducting quantitative and qualitative research on community
development financial institutions (CDFI). The position’s essential functions are
assisting with the following: implementing online surveys and cleaning survey data;
developing data cleaning processes; building and maintaining databases; producing
tables, charts, and figures for OFN publications; producing OFN Member Peer
Comparisons; responding to information requests from OFN staff, as well as external
parties; processing transaction-level data for GIS mapping; improving OFN’s data
visualization efforts; and researching topics requested by Knowledge Sharing team
- Implements online surveys, including OFN’s annual Member Survey; drafts
communications with CDFIs.
- Oversees the Annual Member Survey process and continuously improves it efficiency, including but not limited to: programming the survey software, conducting the survey, providing assistance to respondents and extensive
cleaning of survey data.
- Conducts survey data validation by reviewing Members’ audited financial statements and tracking survey responses; develops data validation processes.
- Interacts with OFN Members to ensure high quality survey responses and seeks input on survey designs and processes.
- Develops and maintains the historical annual Member survey database using MS Access; creates queries in response to internal and external data requests.
- Coordinates layouts for tables, charts, and figures used in publishable reports including the annual Side by Side publication, OFN Member Peer Comparisons, Inside the Membership, and Member Reviews.
- Collects and validates transaction-level data for OFN’s CDFI Coverage Map website (a web-based GIS platform); drafts communication to increase Coverage Map participation.
- Uses data visualization software (e.g., Tableau, GIS) to disseminate OFN’s research to internal and external audiences.
- Responds independently to information requests from OFN staff as well as external parties and participates on projects as a Knowledge Sharing representative.
- Researches topics requested by Knowledge Sharing team members.
- Writes blog posts and other materials related to OFN’s research.
- Performs other activities as requested by Knowledge Sharing team members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 years of work experience in lieu of a degree; Master’s
Degree a plus
- 3+ years experience in data analysis using Excel experience with Access or another database software are required
- 3+ years direct experience in quantitative research required; experience in qualitative research is highly beneficial
- Experience with statistical software is required (e.g., R, SPSS); experience with Wincross is a plus
- Experience with ArcGIS software is required
- Experience with online survey software such as Survey Monkey, Qualtrics and/or similar software a plus
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g., Tableau) is preferred
- Experience or volunteer work in nonprofit or small office environment a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of financial statements is essential, understanding of nonprofit
financial institutions’ financial statements is a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office Products; advanced Excel and beginner Access required
- Strong organizational skills, patience, and attention to detail required
- Strong analytical skills as well as written and verbal communication skills required
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse constituents is required
- Ability to work independently or in team environment is required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in effective and efficient manner required
- Knowledge of and commitment to community development is highly beneficial; interest in learning about the community development finance field is required
- Limited travel required (<10%)
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position
Supervisor: VP, Research FLSA Status: Exempt
To apply visit our online application portal at: