Career Enrichment Network Staff Profile Series

Name: Chelsea Keen

Work Title: Global Experiences Coordinator & Career Coach

What does that mean? I specialize in helping students integrate global experiences into their future career plans. I also work with Liberal Arts faculty members to develop short-term international experiences, called embedded programs.

Education Background: I earned my Bachelor of Arts in Sociology (wohoo liberal arts!) with a double minor in Psychology and Entrepreneurship at Wake Forest University in North Carolina. After working for two years and moving to Happy Valley with my husband, I became both a graduate student and full-time employee at Penn State World Campus. I earned my Master’s degree in Higher Education with an emphasis in Career Services.

Fun Fact: I consider myself an ice cream connoisseur – and believe it or not, the Creamery is NOT my favorite place in Happy Valley. Meyer’s Dairy on South Atherton is hands down the best ice cream & ambiance in this town – you can even see the cows from the parking lot!

Favorite Part of the Job: I love having the opportunity to meet one-on-one with students and hear about their wide variety of professional interests. My primary strength (shout out to StrengthsFinder!) is ‘connectedness’ so I thrive on making personal connections with students and encouraging them as they pursue their personal and professional goals.

What can students meet with you about? Everything! I specialize in study abroad meetings, where I can help students consider the professional benefits of their global experience both before & after they study abroad. I also provide coaching related to resumes, job/internship searches, interview prep, and the other resources our office has to offer.

To schedule an appointment with Chelsea, log into Nittany Lion Careers.