Penn State’s College of the Liberal Arts has added a new all-online Undergraduate Certificate in Fundraising and Advancement.
Students may begin to participate in spring 2019.
The requirements for this certificate include two three-credit courses for a total of six credits.
- LA 402: Fundraising Leadership – Building a Strong Base (offered fall 2019)
- LA 404: Careers in Fundraising Development (offered summer 2019)
A student would then pick two three-credit courses from the following electives for a total of six credits.
- CAS 404: Conflict Resolution and Negotiation
- COMM 428A: Principles of Strategic Communications
- ENGL 478: Introduction to Grant Writing
- OLEAD 409: Leadership Development: A Lifelong Learning Process
- OLEAD 464: Communication Skills in Groups and Organizations
- OLEAD 465 Collective Decision Making
Undergraduate students, both World Campus and residential, who have earned 60 or more credits are eligible to seek to earn the undergraduate certificate. Courses already taken as part of a degree program, such as OLEAD or communications courses, may be applied toward the certificate.
The certificate’s website will be available in early 2019.
Sophie Penney, Ph.D.
Senior Program Coordinator